You don’t need to go to the gym and put too much pressure on yourself to do some work out routines just to get significant health improvement.
Simply walk! Walk! And Walk! Yes… you read that right!
Many of us have underestimated the power of walking in our daily lives. What we don’t realize is it is the easiest yet effective way in keeping your mind and body healthy.
Below are just a few of the benefits of daily walking:
- Improves your sleep
- Decreases hypertension, reducing risks for heart attacks and strokes. Walking daily has been shown to increase good cholesterol (HDL) and decrease bad cholesterol (LDL).
- Reduces stress
- Helps you improve your health when balanced with other positive habits
- Increases balance and endurance
Walking between 7500 and 10000 steps a day is one of the keys of fitness.
- Increases sexual desire and satisfaction
- Slows mental decline
- Improves the mood and battles the effects of depression
- Gives you time to think. Daily walking can act as a form of meditation. It gives you time to mull over ideas. If you have problems at work or at home, a nice walk could help you to come up with solutions
- Once you form the habit, it is easy to turn it into a lifestyle change. Of all the forms of fitness and exercise routines, walking has the highest compliance rate.
- It can make you smarter. Daily walking can make you sharper and smarter and reduces the chances for long term mental disease because it helps to increase blood flow through the brain.
Now that you have a glimpse of reasons to walk more, why not encourage the whole family?