This is my favorite so far! The idea of my kids doing abstract painting really excites me. You might be raising the future Vincent Van Gogh - you’ll never know! The finished product will make you feel so proud you’ll have it displayed in your living room like I did!
- White paper, watercolor paper or a small canvass
- Paint brushes
- Paints in various colors or watercolors
- Painter’s tape
- Setup the materials outside so they would feel free to create without worrying about making a mess.
- Start by placing pieces of painter’s tape all over our blank paper. Let the kids decide wherever they wish to put the tapes on.
- Once done with the tape placement, it’s time to get the supplies ready. Squirt the paint into plastic cups and add a brush to each.
- Now let the splatter painting begin! Give them a quick demonstration of splatter painting, and then let the kids go at it.
- After the splattered paint was dry, remove the tape to reveal the designs!
Make it a habit to keep all your kids’ artworks as a remembrance. They really do grow up so fast so you better treasure these moments and crafts you have been doing with them while they’re still young! :)