The first day of summer is still a good time to eat a giant bowl of #vegan White Lasagna Soup!💕
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Cook Time: 15 mins.
Total Time: 30 mins.
Course: Main Course, Soup
- 1 cup of raw cashews, soaked
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Pinch of salt and pepper
For the rest of the soup
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½ of sweet onion, chopped
- Lemon juice
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons of italian seasoning
- ¼ cup of nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons of agave syrup
- 8 lasagna sheets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- The cashews need to be soaked for 6-8 hours. If you’re in a hurry, you can soak the cashews in a boiling water for about 15-30mins.
- Drain the soaked cashews and add them to a blender with the rest of the cashew cream ingredients. Blend on high, scraping down the sides as needed until the cream is super smooth and velvety with no texture. Set aside.
- Now, in a large soup pot, heat the olive oil on medium high. Then add the garlic and onions to the pot. Saute, reducing heat as needed until the garlic and onions are slightly caramelized.
- Add the lemon juice to the pot and scrape any bits of garlic and onion off the bottom.
- Pour the vegetable broth and whisk in the italian seasonings and the nutritional yeast as well as the agave.
- Now, pour all the cashew cream you made into the pot and whisk to combine everything.
- Season a few salt and pepper, then simmer.
- Next, break the lasagna sheets, then add the soup.
- Simmer, stirring frequently until the noodles are al dente. Check the packaging for the proper timing.
- Once the noodles are done, taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve and top some fresh herbs!