Is there anything simpler than blow-drying and styling your hair after taking a shower? It might seem simple, but it turns out this process has its tricks as well. Things like the distance between the blow-dryer and the hair, the temperature, and even the direction of the airflow matter.
1. Blow-drying hair with hot air only
2. Choosing an incorrect airflow direction
3. Holding the blow-dryer incorrectly
4. Pulling the hair downward
5. Holding the blow-dryer too close to your head
6. Not sectioning the hair
7. Keeping hair wrapped in a towel for too long
8. Forgetting about thermal protection
Opt for thermal protection that is suitable for your hair. It’s better to avoid alcohol-based products if you have dry hair. If you have oily or normal hair, don’t go for oil-based products.
9. Not using the concentrator nozzle
10. Going outside too soon
11. Starting blow-drying with a diffuser
12. Not paying attention to the nozzles
13. Not cleaning the blow-dryer
It’s vital to clean the blow-dryer from dirt regularly. If you use it once a week, clean it once a month. If you use it more often, clean it once every 2 weeks.
14. Drying hair at the maximum temperature
15. Holding the blow-dryer in one position
What other life hacks for using a blow-dryer do you use? We would be glad to hear from you in the comments!
Illustrated by Alena Tsarkova for BrightSide.me