Nowadays, the internet is literally crazy about life hacks and this is perfectly understandable because they allow us to save money and time. There are some tips that seem to be crazy in the beginning, but they actually work great. Could you ever imagine that it would be easy to clean a toilet with Kool-Aid and that you could iron clothes with vinegar?
We at Bright Side are in a constant search of ideas that can make your lives significantly easier. So, here is the result of our work: simple life hacks that will allow you to clean your house faster.
1. A life hack that will reduce the consumption of detergent
2. Kool-Aid can clean a toilet just as well as a special detergent.
Kool-Aid and other similar drinks contain lemon acid which is a perfect natural detergent. This is a great alternative way to clean your bathroom and toilet.
3. Micellar water whitens the soles of sneakers.
4. Whiten and disinfect cutting boards in the kitchen.
Mix the following ingredients: 3-4 tbsp of baking soda, 1 tbsp of detergent, and 1-2 tbsp of hydrogen peroxide. Put the paste on the surface and wait for a few hours (you can leave it overnight). Read more here.
5. Toothpaste can replace special tablets for the toilet.
If you don’t want to spend a lot of money on special toilet tablets, you can use a toothpaste tube. One pack will last for 3 months, the toilet will smell minty, and the soda in the toothpaste has a whitening effect. Just make a few holes in the tube and put it in the toilet cistern.
6. A spray that irons out clothes just as well as an iron.
7. Cat litter removes unpleasant smells.
8. A trap for fruit flies
In a house where there is fruit, these insects reproduce lightning fast. And a simple trap can help you defeat them: put any fruit into a cup, cover it with plastic film, and make a hole in the film. The flies will be able to get in, but won’t be able to get out. The author describes the method in detail here.
9. You can hide nail holes with a piece of soap.
10. A rubber band will limit the expense of liquid soap.
A rubber band will cut down on the amount of liquid soap you use. Here is the blog of the inventive housewife who designed this life hack.
11. Hairspray and a rubber glove will help to remove pet hair from furniture.
12. Sponges keep vegetables fresh for a longer time.
13. Alka-Seltzer removes the stains from tea and coffee cups.
14. You can keep sauces in an egg carton.
This is great life hack for those who hate to shake the leftovers from sauces bottles. If you keep them upside-down in empty egg cartons, you won’t have to shake them.
15. Sandpaper removes pilling from clothes.
This is a quick way to make your clothes look as good as new: sandpaper can substitute for a special device for removing fuzz balls. Read more about this life hack here.
Do you use life hacks in your everyday life? Or do you prefer “the old way” and you don’t trust tips from the internet? Tell us how you do it!
Source: Bright Side