TROUBLESHOOTING TRENDY PLUS SETUP ISSUES (GLOW, SUPER-TRENDY, TRENDY-PLUS)
There is nothing more sad than seeing a child who cannot charge or connect their tracker.
Let's try to resolve the issues ASAP and if this does not help, please reach out to us as we won't leave your child with a non working Tracker.
The common issues with charging are:
1. The wrong side of the Tracker is inserted into the USB for charging.
Please make sure you see 2 metal strips on the side that you are using for charging
2. The metal strips in the USB adapter and charging strips on the Tracker do not touch, hence no charging. Some adapters have the metal strips on the top and some on the bottom, so you need to try both positions.
Please insert the Tracker into the USB with the charging strips on the top and if you don't see the charging indicator flash on the Tracker screen after 30 minutes of charging, please flip the Tracker around and re-insert with the strips on the bottom. Please leave it to charge for 2 hours.
Once you get a sense of the position using your adapter, charging will be easy.
Doesn't Help? Contact us for a quick resolution!
If you received a faulty tracker, please reach out to us. We will send a replacement fast and at no charge to you.
APPLICATION SET UP AND CONNECTION
The common connectivity issues are:
1. The phone is not compatible (Compatible with: Apple iOS 9.0 and above and Android 5.0 or above, e. g. released after 2015)
2. The Bluetooth on your phone is off (must be on)
3. During the installation of the Application the permission to connect was not provided
4. Another device is already connected to the App (only 1 Tracker can connect to the App)
If during the initial application installation something went wrong (battery died, the app didn't install properly, permissions were not provided, etc), the Tracker may not connect on the first try.
Connection Troubleshooting Steps:
Clear lingering connections if you tried installing earlier:
- Uninstall the application (remove from the phone)
- Find Bluetooth connections on your phone and Forget the Connection with the Fitness Tracker (starts with 115).
- Switch off the Bluetooth and switch it back on.
- Restart your phone
- Ensure that the Tracker is charged
- Re-install the Application (FitPro from the App store).
- Provide the App the permission to use Bluetooth (tap OK)
- Log in/Register/or Jump over/Skip (tap top right corner)
- Bind the Tracker to the App:
FitPro=>Settings=>Bind Device (top of the page)
Select 115 device on the list of the available devices.
IMPORTANT: Give permissions for the Bluetooth Pairing request (Pair). You should see device 115 now connected in the top right corner of the App=>Settings
Allow the App to provide push notifications and other services as prompted by the App.
If you have an Android, you may not get a pop-up requesting your permission to pair. On some Android devices, the pairing notification is shown in the Android notification bar after you have selected the fitness tracker you want to connect to.
- Set FitPro as a trusted app on your phone's app permission manager
- Allow "FitPro" to run in the background.
- You may need to reconnect/bind your device after any major Android version upgrades.
On-going Bluetooth sync up
Generally speaking, the Tracker counts steps, distance, etc independently from the phone. The Tracker has an internal memory that holds the data until the sync up and then it transmits in batches.
Once you established the Bluetooth connection with the App during the initial setup, the phone remembers the "coordinates" and should re-sync with no effort. If the tracker gets out of the phone Bluetooth range, it is possible for the Tracker and phone to get out of sync but it should be easy to trigger the sync up by starting the app and refreshing the connection once they are close again.
To trigger the sync up, start the App and do a refresh on the main homepage screen as follows:
Trendy Plus, Glow, Trendy Puppy, or Super Trendy (USB Charging, color screen)
- Start FitPro
- Tap the refresh sign in the top right corner of the App Home screen
- You should see the confirmation on the screen.